Crunch Digital RegistryID™ Simplifies Licensed Content Identification
Digital service providers don’t want to rely on guesswork for their rights management, while content owners want to ensure that their content isn’t being used without permission. Matching music to copyright ownership data affects many digital services, apps and games. Finding the correct copyright owners and verifying licensing can become a monumental barrier for digital services. Crunch Digital’s RegistryID enables distributors to verify licensing rights with record labels and music publishers for their content worldwide, ensuring that proper permissions have been obtained before the work is made available on their platform.
How RegistryID Service Can Help Digital Service Providers
- Simplify Music Clearance
- Verify Licensed Music
- Access to a Broad Selection of Music
- Reporting Efficiency
Crunch Digital’s RegistryID Service offers a comprehensive long-term solution: a simple, controlled way to identify embedded musical content, verify appropriate licensing, and report usage to rightsholders. Content is fingerprinted upon entry to the service and identified against known works in the Crunch Digital registry database. Then RegistryID verifies whether appropriate licenses are in place with labels and publishers.
Crunch Digital has entered a strategic partnership with Audible Magic, the leader in automated content recognition (ACR) solutions for copyrighted content. When content is added to a provider’s platform, RegistryID will use Audible Magic’s fingerprinting solution to match the content against registered sound recordings. If a match is found, RegistryID will then associate registered content with an underlying musical composition and its owners or administrators. Then the system can determine if a license is in effect for the musical composition to ultimately “block” or “allow” use on the platform based on licensing terms specified by the digital service.
“Crunch Digital’s RegistryID addresses a problem we have seen for years in the digital marketplace. Being able to match sound recordings to the underlying composition and verifying licenses can certainly enable access to more music for many delivery platforms.”
– Vance Ikezoye, Audible Magic’s CEO
How It Works
- Users upload new content to the digital service
- Content is logged, storing relevant metadata
- Content is fingerprinted and verified with rights metadata
- For content that is used, Crunch Digital renders Statements and Usage Reports
Crunch Digital acts as the central point of contact to manage the identification of licensed music and usage reporting to the content owners. As a result, the RegistryID Service enables services access to better content, with efficient, transparent reporting.
Ready to join the revolution? Let’s talk…
- If are a digital service, multi-channel network or app developer needing licensed content or a content owner, please use the form below to learn more about how RegistryID can help you…
- Also, if you are a content owner and are not already participating in Crunch Digital please use the form below and we will contact you about adding your content.